Login
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Seasons of Northern Ontario
9 Years, 4 Months ago #21
Seasons of Northern Ontario Print this page
Hello all,

Wanted to do a quick survey to find out what seasons people like best in the James Bay Lowlands. After a couple of years working in the region, I have to say that I have two favorites (for different reasons). I love the fall, the cool weather keeps the bugs down but you can really enjoy all the natural beauty of fall colours and fantastic sunsets! The winter is great for working, makes it a lot easier to get around when everything is frozen, and nothing quite matches the cold crisp air in your lungs on a clear day. Of course, I still love the summer for all the thunderstorms!

What do y'all think?

Scott

Last Edit: 2010/10/26 13:48 By scottzellerer.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Top
scottzellerer

9 Years, 4 Months ago #22
Re: Seasons of Northern Ontario Print this page
i also enjoy the fall because the fall fashion is the best. The clothes of the fall season are so versatile with all the accessories and various garments. I also enjoy the spring for the very same reasons the fashion.
Asingh

9 Years, 4 Months ago #23
Re:Seasons of Northern Ontario Print this page
Spring.

No doubt about it.

To be a bit poetic, I always find the changing of the Seasons to be a metaphor for our own evolving lives and Spirits. From the long sleep of Winter comes the stirring of new possibilities of Spring, so as I watch the snow melt and the air change and the light shift in its hue, that is when I feel the surge of wonder and awe at the enormity of the very potential of the potential of life.

So there you have it,

Spring.
CliffSaunders

Imagining the Future of Mining Now
9 Years, 3 Months ago #27
Re:Seasons of Northern Ontario Print this page
I've only been as far as Sudbury in a plane, but Ontario really does seem to go on forever from that altitude.
I love the view in the photos. What time of year was that photo taken? Pretty green looking.
Charlotte

9 Years, 2 Months ago #32
Re: Seasons of Northern Ontario Print this page
I enjoy every season - I know that is a cop out but I can't think of anything that makes one season better then the others.

I love the winter for some of the reasons that SCott mentioned. The crisp air, ease for getting around but I also like how quiet it is. On a cold night you can hear the lake making ice and the way the lake speaks with the cracks and boings and other noises. I also marvel at the clearness of a winter night and the brilliance of the stars on a dark sky. The sound of creaking snow underfoot. Oh yeah no bugs

The spring for the warming sun, the arrival of the first birds - ravens as they start to nest and then the song birds as they sing endlessly day in and day out. Oh yeah no bugs

I like the summer for the long days, lasting sunshine, torrential rainstorms, rolling thunder and calling loons. Swimming in a cool lake after a hot day in the field or paddling on the lake or resting on a bed of damp sphagnum moss with bugs buzzing around. Did I say I liked bugs? Well I don't dislike them. I understand their place on the land and truly appreciate their role as food for the birds.

Lastly I like the fall as the days shorten, the unpredictability of the weather, the colours of the tamarac trees, poplar and birch, maple and ash. How can we even imagine living without even one of the season!

Meegwetch for making me think about this
wildimages

Go to topPage: 1

Custom js and html