Login
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Mining Matters
9 Years, 4 Months ago #6
Mining Matters Print this page
Is Mining Matters something that is offered in the city? I think it would be fun.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Top
Charlotte

9 Years, 4 Months ago #7
Re:Mining Matters Print this page
Hi Charolotte! It is lots of fun! The Aboriginal Youth Outreach programs are offered only in remote aboriginal communities during the summer months. However, the Mining Matters program is part of the Ontario curriculum that starts in Grade 4. Please get in touch with Mining Matters at www.pdac.ca/miningmatters and discuss your ideas of bringing the camp to the city! Let us know how you progress and if we can help in any way.
leannehall

9 Years, 4 Months ago #8
in addition to this you may want to consider bringing a small scale version of the MIS, Mining In Society activity to the community as a highly inter-active, face to face means of introducing mining and its people to students and teachers but also to all in the community.
Jeanatcim

9 Years, 4 Months ago #9
We did forward the PDAC info to our public school for the Mining Matters workshop/kit info.
The Toronto Public School Board seems to hold the workshop once a year. I hope our Grade 4 teacher can make it work!

I'd love to know more about a camp in the city.
Last Edit: 2010/10/05 22:42 By Charlotte.
Charlotte

9 Years, 4 Months ago #13
We found this site through a link on Wawatay News.
My kid is really interested in rocks so we clicked around the PDAC things and watched some videos.
Charlotte

9 Years, 4 Months ago #14
Fantastic! Email me at [email protected] and I can try and help you bring a camp to the city.
leannehall

Go to topPage: 12

Custom js and html